MUSEUM BARBERINI, POTSDAM
RECONSTRUCTION

The Palais Barberini in Potsdam was built 1771/72 to plans by Carl von Gontard and Georg Christian Unger. The architects modeled the palais on the baroque Palazzo Barberini in Rome.The palais was destroyed in World War II. As an art museum it is reconstructed with a historic facade to plans by Hilmer & Sattler und Albrecht.
The new museum offers maximum public accessibility with 2,200 square metres of exhibition space on three floors. There is a café, a museum shop, a museum education room and a conference space for 200 people. The Museum Barberini makes an important contribution to revitalize the town centre.
The Museum Barberini gGmbH commissioned DGI Bauwerk for tendering, contracting and construction supervision.

HOAI work stages

LPH 6-9 HOAI

Period

2013 - 2016

Design

Hilmer & Sattler und Albrecht