The ensemble of the “Altzella Monastery” inn and the Electoral Saxon post office pillar from 1727 formed a landmark within the historical trade routes of the mining region of the Saxon Erzgebirge. The preservation of the inn is an important building block for the mediation between different urban development scales, the building cubature of the support centre and the existing village development structure.
The construction measures [Design by Ludloff Ludloff Architekten GmbH] comprise three building parts: the existing building of the former inn, the new three-storey connecting building and the three-storey rear building .The inner courtyard recreates the historical outdoor space in a contemporary way.
DGI Bauwerk was awarded the contract in a negotiated procedure for the work phases 6-9 HOAI. The project is currently being realised.